North Carolinas Brewers Celebration Announces Brewery Lineup
The North Carolina Brewers Celebration, a showcase of North Carolinaâ€™s finest breweries, specialty beer bars, and hop and grain farmers, announced today the participating breweries for its first-ever Charlotte event on June 27. The event will feature 50 of North Carolinaâ€™s finest breweries and brewpubs from old to new, small to large brewing a variety of styles.
The full list is available on theirÂ website and notable facts about a few of the participating breweries include the following:
- Carolina Brewery (Triad) was the second brewpub opened in North Carolina.
- Oskar Blues Brewery (Western N.C.) was the second brewery location opened in the U.S.
- Aviator Brewing Co.â€™s (Triangle) original brewery was located in an airplane hangar.
- Mother Earth Brewing (Eastern N.C. & Sandhills) is North Carolinaâ€™s first LEED certified brewery.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (Western N.C.), opened in 1980, is the oldest participating brewery.
- New Belgium Brewing Co. (Western N.C.) is 100 percent employee-owned.
Local retailers and specialty beer shops will be pouring at the event so attendees have an opportunity to interact and learn from the experts themselves. Additionally, local farmers will be on site with ingredient samplings, allowing attendees to touch, smell and taste the ingredients that go into beer.
Tickets to the North Carolina Brewers Celebration are on sale now and can be purchased at NCBrewersCelebration.com. General Admission tickets are $45 and include unlimited 4-ounce tastings of more than 150 beers. VIP admission tickets are available for $70 and offer all the perks of a general admission ticket, plus early entry into the festival with private entrance, access to an upscale hospitality area with private bathrooms, and a selection of 20-30 rare beers not available to the general public.
The festival will be held at BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte, NC, and offers two sessions, 12-5 p.m. for VIPs and 1-5 p.m. for General Admission